Beetroot powder is a powerful superfood chock full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and special substances from its pigment to support health across the entire body. The powder can be used for juices, smoothies, cooking, baking and cosmetics.
- Dehydrator or Oven, Spice or Coffee grinder
- 2 large Beetroots
- Wash and peel fresh beet roots and slice thinly. You can use a food processor to thinly and evenly slice the beetroot. NOTE: Sllice the beetroot as thinly as possible, to aid in the dehydration and grinding process for a finer texture.
- Dry the slices in a food dehydrator or in a convection oven on low heat. Ensure the beetroot chips are crispy before removing. The process can take anywhere form 12-18 hours (dehydrator) or 3-hours (oven)
- At this point, you can eat the beetroot as chips and store in a air tight container or continue to step 4
- When you want to make fresh beetroot powder, take a few dried beetroot chips and grind them up finely in a powerful food processor, or spice/coffee grinder
- Store the beetroot powder in an airtight container if possible to keep it fresher for longer.