Besides tasting delicious as guacamole or spread on a warm piece of toast, avocados boast an impressive list of skin-boosting benefits. This is due to the healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that are packed inside this nutritious super fruit.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at how avocados may benefit your skin, plus how to use this versatile ingredient for a healthier, more radiant complexion.Not only are avocados high in healthy fats, but they’re also an excellent source of vitamins E and C, both of which play a key role in the health and vitality of your skin. According to industry experts such as Dr Joanna McMillan, Nutritionist & VP of The Australian Lifestyle Medicine Association, Maya Ivanjesku, chief scientific officer at LaFlore Probiotic Skincare and Jurlique, here are some of the ways that these ingredients help avocados pack a powerful punch when it comes to skin benefits.
- Soothes skin conditions,
- Prevents skin damage,
- Improves skin elasticity,
- Minimises breakouts (flensing with avocado oil may help you have fewer breakouts, due to the antimicrobial properties)
- Improves overall skin health,
- Prevents dry skin (great source of biotin)
- 1 tbsp. solid coconut oil (place in the fridge to solidify if it’s in liquid state)
- 1/2 ripe avocado pitted and peeled
- 1 tsp. honey (manuka if possible)
- 1 tsp. water
- Place coconut oil, avocado, honey, and water in a bowl.
- Blend into a paste using a handheld blender.
- Use immediately after making.
- Warm your skin with a warm, damp facecloth for 20 seconds to open up your pores.
- Apply the mask to your face using your fingers or a brush, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Pat your face dry and follow with moisturiser.